Using OODT to Support Data-driven Clinical Decision Support
OODT traces its roots to planetary and Earth science data systems to support research at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Today, as an open-source project at Apache, OODT has a thriving and diverse community that includes projects in Cancer Research, Radio Astronomy, Pediatric Care, Computer Modeling, and Visualization. This session will discuss how many of the components of OODT have been used in concert to develop end-to-end data analysis infrastructures for examining large volumes of complex medical data. Motivated by, and illustrated with, concrete examples from our experience developing an infrastructure for data-driven decision support at the Whittier Virtual Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles.
- How the OODT Product Server component can be used to bring together data from multiple upstream sources
- How the OODT File Manager component can be used to manage scalable collections of data + metadata
- How the OODT Workflow Manager component helps build composable workflows for de-identification, aggregation, and analysis
- How the OODT Web-Grid and web services can help to distribute research data to both users and applications
- How OODT Balance can help in developing purpose-built interfaces for data discovery and visualization